4C-TV Release Notes
- Media Library Configuration review
- Review Media Library Query
- Automatic BIN Assignment functionality
- Automatic Library BIN Assignment is integrated in this release. If a Library Layout is created and configured and the Library Configuration option Auto Bin Assignment is set, the system will automatically assign a Bin number to media checked into the Library.
- This applies to Media checked in from any screen or function in 4C-TV, including transfers from other Libraries.
- If a manual Bin # is indicated it will be used and no automatic bin assignment will take place. If the Validate Bin Number option is in effect the manual bin number will be validated against the Library Layout. In that case the manual bin number must be valid for the Library and MUST not be occupied, that is, it must be available. That precludes users from manually setting more than one tape per bin location. (bin availability is checked only for shelves that have individual bin positions, that is where the "Do not use Bin position" is NOT set).
- Bin number recycling. That is, if a tape is checked out/transferred from a Library and its Bin Number cleared, it will be flagged as available and will be reused by the system. The same also applies when the user checking out the tape has an special indicator that mandates the Bin to be recycled.
4C-TV Home | Release Notes | 4C-TV