Media Library Parameters
Media Library Parameters
u The yellow block brings various Media Library parameters. From the left, the first block shows default values for new media records; the middle block indicated actual values used to indicate some specific types of recorded material and disposition types; the right hand side block lists the recycling limits for each media format.
Media Disposition Instructions
u The blue area at the bottom is sued to configure the operations to be performed when executing a specific media disposition in the Media Disposition List. The following parameters may be indicated for each disposition status:
- Action : can be Keep or Delete, indicating if the corresponding media record should be kept in the database or removed after the disposition is "executed";
- New Disp : new value for the media disposition, if they are kept in the database;
- New Material : new value for the media "material" , if kept in the database;
- Pgm Log : flag indicating if a record should be added to the program log, corresponding to the program that was record in the media prior to it being "disposed";
- Media Log : flag to indicate if a record should be added to the Media log;
- Log Msg : if any Log record is to be created, a specific log message may be indicated here to reflect the disposition operation; the text will be followed by the Media ID and the corresponding program House Number;
- Reuse Bin: If this option if set the current media location (Bin) will be recycled, that is, made available for reuse. This option is meaningful in those cases where the media record is kept in the database (Action=Keep), but the physical media is not available (ex: was returned to the distributor, or shipped to another location).
- Shipment : flag indicating if a Shipment should be created with the media when the disposition is executed; if this option is activated, the system will request Shipment details (AWB, Courier, etc.) before executing the media disposition;
- Job Service : if the automates Shipment option is indicated, this field must be filled with the Job type to be created as the Shipment detail.; a Shipment detail record (Job) will be created for each media, indicating the program copy that has been disposed;
- Certificate : this field is used to indicate the type of Certificate to be generated when media is disposed; this should correspond to some form of "disposition certificate" that will be automatically generated by 4C-TV; a null value indicates that no certificate is required; the popup shows only valid Certificate types, which are configured in the 4C-TV Configuration Screen; if a Log option is also indicated, the Log record will contain a message notifying that a certificate has been issued.
- The button Edit Rpt will bring the selected Certificate report for editing.
- After executing a Media Disposition, the corresponding Disposition Action record will be updated.