Media Disposition List
- The list shows in the Title column data about the contents of the Media to be recycled. It shows the Program Title, House Number, receival Shipment (AWB), Version, Material, Type, etc..
- In the botton left one find the current Library popup that is used as a "filter" to select the media records to display in the list. Only Media records which are actually in the indicated Library are displayed, if the media is checked out or in another library it will not appear in the list.
- The Disposition popup is used to select only those Media records that are in the indicated disposition status. This and the Library popup will "filter" any selection of Media records (via Find button or any other means), to contain only records with the indicated disposition status and at the indicated library. If a new option is selected in this popup the system will perform a query for all media in the indicated library with the selected disposition status.
- The Dispose button "executes" the disposition instructions for the selected media records. The operations performed when executing each specific disposition is indicated in the Media Library Configuration screen.
- In the list, the Title will be shown in RED for those Media records which still have segments that have no been recycled!!. Any media in that situation must be checked, because they should not be in any disposition status if they still contain valid recorded material!!!.
- To avoid errors, the user is required to highlight the desired Media records in the list before pressing the Dispose button. The Dispose button will execute the disposition only for those highlighted media records which have NO segments still recorded in the database. Assuring that on Media records that have REALLY been recycled and not yet reused are "disposed off".
- A record is added to the Media log indicating the recycle operation. The Log record will contain data about the media previous contents.
- The corresponding Disposition Action record is updated with detail of the media disposition action taken.
- Button Certificate provides access to the Disposition Action records. From that list various certificates can be issued.