4C-TV™ Release Notes
Minor changes and updates included in this release.
- Adjust queries for Programs, Rights & Licensed Services to allow querying On Avail List for other Territories. If the Territory is indicated then it is used for the query, otherwise the selected Channels territory will be used.
- Add Inventory as query option for Licensed Services.
- Removing licensed Services from a Program Rights now generates a Log event in the Contract. A Log is always generated, even if no scheduled events were deleted along with the Service.
- Updated the Synchronization process to remove automatic deletion of Scheduled Events when a Licensed Service is removed. If an attempt is made to remove a Licensed Service with scheduled events, the record will not be deleted and a system error email is generated (usually to MIS). In the occurrence of such error, the database will be out of sync as records will not be deleted from the target database. Manual action must be taken by MIS to correct this situation. This change will prevent that mistaken actions in the central database do not create havoc for other Site's operation.
- Add new option in the Channel Configuration screen. If the option Same date for Delay is set for a delay channel, events duplicated in the monthly schedule will be kept on the same date, even if the events new time would make it fall into another date.
- The Monthly Schedule duplication routine now takes into account the delay channels Same date for Delay option. If that option is set for the target delay channel, all events will be duplicated for the same date, event if the adjusted time would make it fall into another broadcast day.
- Add information about which Territory delete transactions used for the Contract Synchronization applies to. Those transaction records are filtered out of the synchronization file. That avoids warning errors when the .syn file is processed in the target site.
- Enable Transfer of Series between Contracts. The Transfer Right button is now active in the Contract Maintenance screen when a list of Series is displayed. It can be used to transfer a Series to a different Contract. This function should be used with great care as the Series episodes ARE NOT transferred automatically. In fact, the Series Episodes should be transferred individually before attempting to transfer the Series record.
- A new flag is added to the System Parameters screen to temporarily disable access to the database. If the flag is set, only the DBA will be able to login into 4C-TV. Users already logged into the system will remain active though. A login message can be set to notify users of the reason why login is disabled. If not message is specified, a standard alert is given before forcedly quitting the application.
- The Approx. Length field is now preserved during the Synchronization process.
- It is now possible to view Log records by double-clicking a line in the Log list, even for users without modify access.
- A new System Function (103) provides the same functionality as the "Ficha Técnica", with the added capability to directly assign titles to an Avail List. Users that should be given access to such functionality should have their profile updated to use this new function.
- Add field Recipient to the Contract Traffic information. This new field is present in the Contract Traffic page as well as in the Program Materials and Contract Shipment Instructions screens.
- Minor changes to the Avail List Preparation screen:
- The button above the Stand By pane renamed to Inventory.
- Each pane shows the total number of titles in the list.
- It is possible to select an Avail List for a different Service/Territory to be displayed on any individual pane (except the Stand by). The label on top will show the proper Service/Territory abbreviation, together with the Avail List month.
- Contract Synchronization now filters Series records per Territory. This avoids Series licensed to Brazil only from being copied across to Caracas.
- Added a new field (TQC date) to the Quality Control pane on the Other Material Edit Screen. This field is updated automatically when a TQC report is created.
- Review the Program Scheduling Robot, to avoid pre-scheduling repeat exhibitions of titles on the same date. When a new Pre-schedule is saved, ANY existing pre-schedule records for the cannel are removed. ONLY the month being saved will be present in the database.
- Review the Schedule Synchronization function, that synchronizes Miami & Brazils databases, to update all program technical details in Brazils DB with data from Miamis database.
- Review the baseline time conversion algorithms (time for sort fields) to properly handle the situation where a delay channel does not have a fixed delay time. That implicates also on a varying daily start time. For those cases where a channel is set both as Delay & Keep Same Date, the daily start time will be automatically adjusted to be the primary channel start time plus the delay applicable on any given date.
4C-TV Home | Release Notes | 4C-TV