uThe same way the Browse function allows visualization of lists from the 4C-TV data base files, this function allows data base information to be seen in Calendar form.
u This function is accessible through the File->Calendar menu, and like the Browse, a list of Files available for viewing is presented (this list is configured by the DBA)
u The screen has a row of buttons and menus on the upper part, and a Calendar with information on the selected records from the file being visualized, which can be configured by the user.
u The icon row has the following buttons and functions:
- Find () button, which allows setting the selection criteria for the records to be shown in the Calendar. On the Find screen, it is not necessary to indicate dates or selection periods, for they can be controlled directly on the calendar;
- popup Base Date menu, presenting a list of data fields existent on the file; this list has only indexed date fields, and is used for the distribution of records on the Calendar; the research result is adjusted according to the date indicated, and each record in shown on the date corresponding to the selected field in this popup (in the example above, records on the Contracts file are placed in the calendar according to the Agreement Date);
- access button to the Calendar configuration screen (see next);
- button that allows saving a Calendar configuration permanently for a certain file (table), or as a direct access button; when saving the Calendar configuration, the system allows also to store the Find criteria used in the Calendar creation
- popup for indication of the Calendar's start date; the selected date in the popup is used to define the first day in the Calendar; navigating on the Calendar maintains the search criteria indicated on the last Find, and the search is repeated for the new dates;
- Calendar navigation arrows allow changing the calendar's start date to the first or last day of the month, or for the week ahead or behind; as indicated above, the last Find search is re-executed for the new dates.
uThe Calendar brings a list of records, distributed in each day according with the Base Date field indicated. The calendar's area has the following functions:
- clicking on the date makes it the initial date on the Calendar, which will be reset appropriately (i.e. the Find reset and the records redistributed);
- the information shown for each record can be configured by the user (see next), and a simple click on the data of any record opens the corresponding file (only for viewing);
- If the records for a particular date does not fit on the screen, a small arrow will appear, allowing the information to scroll, therefore viewing all the records for that particular date.
u This Calendar screen can be printed, by the File->Print menu, printing only the data seen on the screen.
u The system will limit a maximum of 200 records shown on the Calendar to keep it practical and not affect the overall dabatase performence.