u This function is accessed through the File->Browse menu, presenting a list of Records (Tables) available for visualization. (this list is configured by the DBA)
u This screen presents a row of buttons and menus on the upper part, and a columnar list that can be configured by the user, with information about the selected records in the file being visualized.
u The icon row has the following buttons and functions:
- Find () button, allows setting the selection criteria for the records to be shown in the Browse;
- Browse Related () button, presents a popup with a list of tables related to the Browse being used. By choosing a table, a new Browse will be opened for the selected table, showing a list of records related to those presented on the original Browse. This allows, for example, that from a Movies Browse, with a group of selected records, a Jobs Browse be obtained with all the Jobs related to the Movies previously selected; or that from a Jobs selection, to open a Browse for all the Shipments associated to them! The popup activated by this button brings only files related to the current Browse.
- Browse configuration screen access button (see the following);
- button, which allows saving a Browse View configuration , permanently for a determined file (table), or as a direct access button; by saving the Browse configuration, the system allows one to keep the Find criteria used in the browse set up as well.
- If the creation of a new button is indicated, the system will ask for a 'label' for the new button, which will be included at the end of the user's button list. When activated, this new button will open the browse screen with the configuration saved before. In case new modifications are done to the configuration, by activating the Save button, the new configuration will be saved in the same button. Warning, after its creation, the new button will be available on the menu only after the next 4C-TV login.