4C-TV™ Release Notes
Minor changes and updates included in this release.
- Review Manual Bin entry validation for Libraries with the Validate Manual Bin option set:
- manual bin entry is disabled for screens where multiple Media Ids are allowed: Media Library Operation, Recycle Media & Media Transfer.
- the manual bin identification must exist in the database and be available; the media format and contents are also validated against the Bin/Shelf parameters.
- The system now checks for duplicate Bin Numbers in the same Library, in the Library Layout Configuration screen. Bin Numbers must be unique within the same Library.
- In the New Version Creation screen, if a new manual Bin # is indicated for media already in the database, the system will transfer the media to the new location and generate a log record.
- Removed button Conv to Single from the Library Shelf Edit screen. All the validation and functionality in that button is now found in the Single radio button. A Shelf can only be converted to single format if all tapes assigned to the shelf are of the same format.
- The Ad Sales Contract ID is now displayed in the OI list, obtained from the OI List button on the Ad Sales Contract screen.
- When creating a new Ad Sales Contract record, the Advertiser & Ad Agency names are copied exactly as they exist in the corresponding records. This modification is to ease compatibility with Oracle.
- A new button added to the Ad Sales Control Screen, Prepare Break Grid, can now be used to create the Break Grid from existing Monthly Schedule.
- The Merge Ad Sales button on the Daily Log screen now reflects the status of the Commercial Schedule. If the button is green, the Commercial Schedule is locked (by the Ad Sales programmer), otherwise it will be grey.
- Review the algorithm used for Advertiser & Agency input in the Commercial Edit Screen. This modification works around a bug in the currently installed version of 4th Dimension.
- In the Media Query screen, if a list of Media IDs is entered for a Find, the resulting record selection will be presented in the same order. If the media id list is created by scanning a series of tape barcodes, for example, the media records will be listed in the same scanning order.
- Review the Contract Synchronization process:
- To make sure all titles with updated rights are synchronized. Some old titles never licensed to Ole before were no being synchronized, even if new Ole rights were added to them.
- Titles inserted in Caracas (copied from Miami) will be created with a blank Synopsis, Genre, Rating and Local Title. Existing information in Miami database will be ignored when copying to Caracas. This change will avoid having titles in Caracas database with information in Portuguese.
- Media check-in operations now generate a Tape Usage Log event indicating the Library & Bin the media was checked into as well as the User and Date the media was checked-out of the Library.
- Update the PGMRights Query screen to add an option for querying Rights for titles that premiere on a given Service or on a specific Channel.
4C-TV Home | Release Notes | 4C-TV