4C-TV™ Release Notes
Minor changes and updates included in this release.
- When Activating a Program Right, or updating its Avail Start date, the system will assign the title by default to the Avail List corresponding to its Avail Start date. The user has the option of later assigning the title to another Avail List at will, via the new popup added to the Program Rights screen (see release notes 2.3.004c).
- When updating the Avail Start date, the system will not allow it to be set to a date later than the assigned Avail List month.
- If the new Avail Start date is earlier than the assigned Avail Start date it will be accepted and the Avail List assignment WILL NOT be updated. The system will keep whatever assignment was made and if a Premiere Date was set it will be preserved as well.
- The Avail List Follow-up screen includes two new counters for the number of Movies & Non-Movies on the Avail List (see below for a description on how a movie is classified as Movie/Non-Movie).
- An extra confirmation message is presented to users when trying to make changes to Contract information for other Territories than the local database.
- It is now possible to double-click any Log event (in the Contract, Program, Traffic, and other screens). System generated Log events are opened for display only and cannot be modified. User created Logs can be viewed and edited.
- Reviewed the Contract Traffic generation routine, executed on installation of the new version. Contract Traffic records will be generated ONLY for Contracts for the local Territory (the databases Territory) or Contracts for ALL Territories. With this modification, any existing Traffic information in Contracts for OLE territory in Miami WILL be lost.
- A Program Rights Dispose By date is not recalculated if the Special flag is set. The disposition date can then be set manually and will not be recalculated by the system.
- Remove Cost Column in the Avail List record list to improve performance.
- Add Service & Territory to the columns displayed in the Program Palette activated from the Avail List screens. The palette was not closing as well and that is fixed.
- Reviewed the query screens for Programs and Rights to allow querying by the Preferred Service field.
- To provide compatibility with existing information, the Avail List ID field displayed in the Program Rights screen adds the text "(old)" after the old Avail ID. When records are assigned to new Avail Lists that information does not show up anymore.
- Changes to Contracts were restoring PGMServices removed manually! This does not happen anymore. The consequence is that if a new Service is added to a Contract, it WILL NOT be added to existing Rights. On the other hand, if a Service is removed from a Contract it WILL BE removed from existing Rights.
- Various changes to the Contract Synchronization process:
- Review Contract Synchronization script adding support for synchronizing Contract Traffic details, Standard Promotional Material, Payments & New Titles.
- The Synchronization export functions now exhibit a new user interface, with a list of tables and records included in the Synchronization File.
- Reviewed the Contract Synchronization process to allow deletion of Program Rights in Miami, even if those Rights have exhibitions in Caracas. Any exhibitions found in Caracas database will be automatically removed after the synchronization process. Log records and notification mails will be sent as usual.
- The Process Synchronization File function now creates a log file with information on the Sync file processed. The log file is created along the ".syn" file and has the same name as the ".syn" file appended by "_log.log". The log file displays record counts in the Sync file along with the count of records processed for verification. Any errors detected during the Sync file processed are also listed in the log file.
- Add support for synchronizing Program records to the Contract Synchronization function. Only fields Original Title, Other Titles, Series, Episodes & Approx. Length are replicated.
- During the Synchronization process, after replicating Program Rights information, the system will validate all exhibitions and any one falling out if the programs Avail Window will be removed automatically. This will only apply to non-played events (that is, events after todays date). In such case, a Log event and notification mail will be generated.
- Synchronize Distributors & Series, allowing addition of Titles/Contracts for new Distributors as well as new Series.
- Added support for synchronizing changes to Contract ID. The Contract ID button is reactivated in the Contract Maintenance screen. Contract ID changes made in Miami are automatically synchronized with Caracas.
- The Contract synchronization process now synchronizes all changes to Series records, preserving fields Synopsis, Local Titles and other technical information.
- Changes to Program Title are now reflected in all related records after synchronization and the corresponding Log record is generated as well.
4C-TV Home | Release Notes | 4C-TV