4C-TV™ Release Notes
Minor changes and updates included in this release.
- The field Approximate Length in all Program Information screens exhibits a new behaviour. If a Original Copy has been received and its length informed, this field is automatically updated and is now displayed in red. In that case entry into the field is also disabled. Otherwise the field is displayed in black and entry of the approximate program length is enabled. So, a programs approximate length can only be changed UNTIL an original master is received, and will assume the originals duration thereafter.
- It is now possible to add a Burst entry for the month a programs avail window starts, even if the Avail Start date is not the first day of the month. Program scheduling is still restricted by the Avail Start date.
- The System Configuration screen (for Security Attributes settings) has been updated to a friendlier behaviour.
- Some screens with a field for Supplier information were still using the old popup mechanism, they were all updated to use the new filtered drop-down menu.
- A new Delete button on the Media Library configuration screen allows deleting Media Libraries from the database. Before attempting to delete a Media Library, the system will check to see if there is any other record in the database referencing that library and will not allow it to be deleted. In such case the library can be set as inactive.
- The Delete button on the Channel configuration screen is improved. Before attempting to delete a Channel, the system will check to see if there is any other record in the database referencing that channel and will not allow it to be deleted.
- Allow Series to be licensed to ALL Territories. Adding a Series to a Contract licensed to ALL Territories will create a Series also licensed to ALL Territories. When Episodes are added to such Series, an associated Program Rights record will be created for each Territory.
- Remove the Monthly Schedule button from the Daily Log.
- If the list of valid Territories includes the option "ALL" it will be automatically removed. The system will not allow a Territory named "ALL".
- The default Territory popup, in the User Profile edit screen does not have an "ALL" option anymore. This field MUST indicate the Profiles default Territory, and if left blank the system will default to the Databases default Territory. If a Profile is to have access to multiple Territories, that has to be indicated in the accessible Territories list (in the same screen).
- The Series creation dialog now includes the Approx.Length field that is mandatory for Series records. This improves the process of adding new Series to the database.
- The filtering of popup lists (drop down menus) is now controlled from the Data Base Access configuration. Lists associated with each Security Level will only be filtered if the corresponding flag is set in the DB Access configuration. If a flag is not set, the corresponding popup list will show all values, with no filtering.
- Added additional validation for Monthly Schedule records to guarantee the integrity of the database.
- Removed setting a default Allocation in the Program Rights record. The proper Territory allocation factor is calculated in the Avail List module. The Allocation factor can still be set manually in the Rights record in case the license demands a special value. The prompt for the field has been updated accordingly in the Program Rights screen.
- The Program Information screen now list the Program Status (completed job actions) in its Traffic panel.
- Review Program & Program Rights Find screens to allows the combination of some query options like: Delivery Date in the Period & Not received, or Delivery Date in the period & Received, or Planned for the Period & Received or Not, etc
This change required some adjustments in the screen design as well.
- A new query option in the Program & Program Rights Find screen, "on Avail List for", allows querying for titles assigned to the Avail list for the selected month/channel (actually service).
- Added selection filtering to the Burst Plan Spreadsheet, according to permissions set in the User Profile regarding allowed Services.
- The current record selection is preserved in the Burst Plan Spreadsheet after displaying individual record details.
- Set selection and Set operations are now enabled in the Media Disposition List.
- A new field for default Library Group has been added to the System Parameters screen.
- A new field for Library Group access list has been added to the User Profile screen.
- The User Profile edit screen includes a new validation mechanism. Values selected for Channel or Media Library must be consistent with any of the other options set for the other security parameters. For example, a user can only be given access to a Channel if he is also granted access to the Channels Controlling Company, territory, Site & Service! This validation takes into account ONLY those security levels that are active in the Database Security configuration.
4C-TV Home | Release Notes | 4C-TV